Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

DONOR NOTES Part Deux

I posted a little from my friend who was donating her stem cells after she signed up for the registry on MY BEHALF!! Go to http://www.marrow.org/index.html for more information.

Well, she did it! She's done! The cells are on there way to the patient!!! GO US! What a way to finish the year. Here is our latest correspondance:

FROM HER TO ME
It's done.....WE have done it. I will tell you, it was not as nice as I thought it was going to be! But its for the cause, and he will appreciate it!!! Lets just say, I ended up with a central line, "IJ" style. I truly have to say that the nursing staff and "ziggi" were ROCKSTARS! They put up with everything that I threw their way....they ended up being able to do the entire harvest in one day because the central line could go at a faster rate (versus the two day....as quote "he must be a big guy")....which I'm not sure was the best for me, but they told my parents "we dont know how well she would do with two days"....so I came home late on monday night. Most of my symptoms are gone, a little chest pain and fatigue is all that lingers.....getting better every minute!!!! SO WE did it! I truely would have never done it without your strength and support.....Thanks!
And THANK YOU....He is handsome, "Jack" that is!!!!! You really didn't have to!
Keep in touch......Heres to a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!!!


FROM ME TO HER
I'm so glad you got through!!! You are such a rock star. This is the best present ever! I'm so excited to start the new year knowing WE"VE DONE THIS!!Did you see my posting? You're big girl! How could the world not love you and your bad ass style?

I LOVE THIS GIRL! And so does some 42 year old man out there.
I'm thinking 2009 belongs to the Baldies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear hill, hi my name is corey i live next to your sister in-law hilery , i think your a remarkable woman and it is wonderful all the things you do for lexi . she loves to be with you and talks about you all the time and the things you do for her , you are a big part of her heart . any how i would like to volunteer to help you in anyway possible with baby sitting , helping you around the house or do cooking or cleaning for you . or just running erronds for you . my reasoning for wanting to volunteer my help is because you have done so much for others its time for someone to give to you anyway feel free to call me 603-477-2031 even if its just to chat .. my best to you , Corey