Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 15, 2008

Politically Incorrect


“Beer is evidence God loves us and wants us to be happy.” –Ben Franklin
Our President Elect is all ready under scrutiny regarding scandals in his home state.
I haven’t really been paying attention, but I keep thinking about our past leaders.
Obama is psychologically haunted by what he knows, has seen, and may have done. It’s seen in a flash of guilt across his face when he addresses issues. Most people miss this look, it’s there then it’s gone in a millisecond.
I know what I saw, everybody else, you can see what you want to.
I know of a historical leader who was a vegetarian, did not swear, and did not cheat on his wife.
His name was Adolf Hitler.
If you are going to do something very, very bad, you better look very, very good in other aspects of your life.
Benjamin Franklin is one of my favorite persons in history.
He died of syphilis after going crazy due to cancres in his brain from the disease. He died of an STD.
His most memorable quote, for my generation at least, is “Beer is evidence God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Go Ben. I don’t know much about him as a leader. I’m always more interested in the upbringing and the behaviors of these men. I’d really like to understand how someone like this is created psychologically.
I know more about the rumors of Ben F.’s sexual escapades than I do about his role in altering history.
I also know what Thomas Edison, inventor of electricity, said when he was questioned about his thousands of failed methods to create his dream. He said “I did not fail in these attempts, I just found 1000 ways NOT to make a light bulb.”
So try. It’s very brave to stand up and know you may fail in public.
Some people say failure is their worst fear. I think it was probably mine at one point.
Clearly, I’ve faced that and I’m moving on. To understand more, I like Malcolm Gladwell and his books “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers.”
***On a side issue, if ANYONE knows how to make a PROPER philly cheese steak, please send me the recipe. I don’t think I can survive without one any longer.****

No comments: