Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Twofer

I had a rough day yesterday.
It was so rough in fact, that I decided to end it early and go to sleep.
I brought out the knockout medications at 3 pm.
I woke up this morning at 6:30 am.
I’m feeling much better thank you.
Yesterday, I woke up confused and in a haze. I couldn’t think clearly. I was in pain. I was coughing. Nothing I tried would make it stop.
Xander kept saying his throat hurt. He refused to move to go to school.
I called everybody with no luck to help me out.
Luckily, Alissa called back and saved the day. You’ve got to love Alissa.
She took X for the day.
Then I crawled into bed to read, or type, or read, except I couldn’t. I was too uncomfortable. I was too tired. My head hurt. My brain wasn’t functioning.
There are days when the fatigue is so strong it’s painful. Moving feels like someone has attached extra weight to your entire body. Or maybe you can feel gravity pulling down.
Anyway, it’s strong enough to send you straight to bed.
It did send me to bed, with the help of some “friends,” which ultimately failed me. I busted out the NyQuil.
My cough wouldn’t stop. Everytime I feel a cough rise in my throat, I think “Ugh, here we go again.”
I nixed that,
Yes, NyQuil was a twofer. My coughing finally stopped and I could sleep. . . . . .for fifteen full hours.
That was just what I needed.

No comments: