Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's all in my head

DF PATIENTS: Valet is only $10+tip with your patient card. That’s the blue card, learn it, love it, and carry it everywhere.
If you’re going to be there over 2 hours, you might as well use valet.
If you are an in-patient, have your social worker “validate” your card and parking is FREE.
Also, DF gives a $200 grant for being a patient in their facility. You can get this in gas cards. Again, discuss this with your social worker. As an alternative, you could also ask your clinical coordinator.
Feel free to ask me questions in you want answers. My personal email is hill.stpierre@gmail.com
Now back to me.
My sickness is all in my head.
Probably in my sinuses in fact.
I had a CT at DF yesterday.
I haven’t gotten the results yet.
I think it may scientifically confirm what has been said about me. . . .I am snotty.
What I’m coughing up is “normal flora.”
If the sinus idea pans out, I’ll be seeing an ENT at the Farber.
I have a favorite ENT. He works in Claremont. I’d like to pick him up and take him with me to every hospital I go to, but no, I need to meet a new one.
I was also told to get good, old fashioned rest.
I’d rather have a pill. That would be much easier.
However, I am posted up in bed today.
Even as sick as I felt, comparatively, I didn’t feel THAT bad. Christmas is coming.
X and I “Christmatized” the house on Saturday. I baked cookies for him on Sunday. Decorations and cookies are requirements for Christmas with a 5 year old. He NEEDS these traditions no matter what.
It also could be viral, which sounds terrible to me. It will last longer and can’t be treated easily.
Either way, everybody else has caught it, and now they’re all laid out.
Multiply that feeling times roughly two consecutive years and then, possibly, you’ll understand what I feel like day in and day out. Sometimes I’m better and sometimes I’m worse.
I’ve found my new comfort food. Good bye honey buns. Those are gross and coat my teeth with sugar. I discovered sweet potatoes with marshmellows.
How did I miss this for so long? Where did this come from? What culture had it and didn’t share with me?
Anyway, that’s basically what I’ve eaten since Thursday.
Good news, I am feeling better. I feel like socializing. Please email or call. My friend Jill is coming to spend the night to help out. YAYAYAYAYA.

No comments: