Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Knicks Picture. . .

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the Knicks were playing THE CELTICS when we went to see them in NEW YORK.

If you don't know about my loyalty to the celtics, you can read about how I reacted when I was taken away from their celebration parade this spring. I forget the posting, but it's somewhere around "I want out of my life."

Really, J and I discussed this. Most people celebrate "The Holiday Season." We are celebrating basketball season.

This is really the best thing about winter.

My last, most intense freak-out, came when my neice's coach called to tell me her first practice was on the 18th, the day J and I were going to Dana Farber.

No, not the PET scan or colo suggestion, not the headaches, the cough, those are not what devastate me, but how am I gonna get my baby girl to practice.

I couldn't handle the idea that she might miss her first practice and how were we supposed to get her the shoes, shorts, etc. that she needs.

We'd have to call her mother.

Luckily, my mom stepped up.

My neice has been around for J and I's entire relationship. I do feel a little guilty to have invited children into our lives and then pawning them off on nana.

But I made this decision nine years ago, too late to stop now.

Lex has gotten her gear. I did get them with her, because I like making her look like the baller I KNOW she is.

She opted NOT to play with the boys. I respect this decision. J did not understand and made a remark about how she'll have to work harder to improve herself among girls.

I almost smacked him for his sexism, until I remembered this was an issue we had agreed on.

J will help coach, and I will too when I'm "released."

We're also coaching X on Saturdays. I'm so excited the kids are finally playing age. I was running out of hobbies.

No comments: