Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sick, again


This is my first rebirthday during my auto transplant. This day has come and gone for my second transplant, and I have never felt as bad as I did that day. Comparitvely, I feel good.
I woke up at 7 am and got X in the shower.
I took my kytril (so I wouldn’t throw up).
I got his clothes, gave them to him, and immediately fell asleep.
I was woken up at 11am by a phone call. I said we’d talk later.
Then, I laid in bed until another phone call finally got me out of bed. That was 12:30.
I didn’t feel like I have energy for any of this.
I am concerned that three months from now, when I feel okay, I won’t remember much of this. I didn’t the first time. Probably better to forget and keep it moving.
I feel asleep at 6pm last night.
If I’m sleeping from 6:30pm to 12:20 pm, then how exactly do I take my medication designated for three times a day?
I decided to take them according to my daily schedule, not the normal one most people have. It’s either this option or skip doses. I’m not sure which is best.
Waking up to take them is not an option since I thoroughly chose my meds so I can sleep like a rock.
I don’t want this pain free time interrupted. Once I walk up, it’s a wrap.
I took my marinol again since that seems to behave the best.
Now, I must warn people before they see me about what I’ve taken. I should add that to the sign on the door now: Go to the Bathroom, wash your hands, put on a mask, leave the shoes and coats. Hillary is taking X,Y,orZ today, please approach her accordingly.
No matter what X,Y,orZ is I’m a trip. I’m a one woman party. I just don’t make complete sense.
I forget I’m sick. I laugh a lot. Life is good. Until it wears off. Then I go back to sleep.
Jon’s been taking Xander on a lot of “Outing” during this period.
I think it’s great. He should have fun. Somewhere else. J’s a great father. I’m lucky to have him.
Sometimes I wonder where all the father’s went.

No comments: