Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

YAY It's the Holidays




Hi All. I'm writing to send you all love and good tidings. Have a merry Christmas eve, or to be PC, a Merry Christmakwanzahhakkah. A happy belated solstice too. If you happen not to not celebrate any of these (I love you Laurette and the Desorosias Family!), I hope you just have a really good time with your family and feel the holiday cheer in the air.


The beautiful thing about this time of year is the possibility exists to respect the basic priciple of enjoying one another's company without ruining it with arguments regarding the story.


What everyone is saying is basically the same: love and cherish each other.


In college, I had a hindu housemate. She would give me gifts from her culture when it was time for her celebrations, and she would accept my Christmas gifts. This had little to do with religion and more to do with a mutual respect for each other's culture.


I'm sending a big thank you out to Claremont Family Practice and Rite Aid for taking good care of me.


I'd also like you too see my favorite present (check the picture) and a picture of me post Brynn and Colleen's gift of make-up lessons. At 26 years old, I do not know anything about make-up. It was time for a lesson. I'll post the video later, recently blogger has not been accepting my videos, pray for this to change, but you can have a picture.


MUCH LOVE and have a Great Night.


Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had fun! i am glad you like it! i definetly want to see the rest of the photos on here so everyone can see what a great photographer i am! MERRY CHRISTMAS hun! i am so glad we were able to help you in feeling really good! you look SOOO good in this pic! :) i hope you have a great day with your family tomorrow! HUGS!